About General Conference
The United Methodist Church’s top legislative body will meet at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, on May 10-20, 2016.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church which meets once every four years. The conference can revise church law, as well as adopt resolutions on current moral, social, public policy and economic issues. It also approves plans and budgets for church-wide programs.
Following General Conference
There are multiple ways you can follow along with General Conference 2016.
- Live Stream: General Conference will be live streamed at http://umc.org/live
- General Conference website: http://www.umc.org/topics/general-conference-2016
- North Georgia Conference website: www.ngumc.org/GC2016
- General Conference App: App Store or Google Play
- Social Media: Follow the hashtag #UMCGC
- Subscribe to the NGUMC General Conference Update: http://northga-email.brtapp.com/subscribe
- Rev. Catherine’s Blog & Videos: Right here!
Everyone Can Pray
“Most gracious God, we pray that you will send your Holy Spirit in a new and powerful way upon each session of the Methodist conferences that are before us. We ask that everyone who participates will be open to your will and your way. We pray for a mighty revival in our world so that all may receive Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, as Lord and Savior, become his faithful disciples, and that our world may be transformed. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
—Bishop Mike Watson
Read and share Bishop Watson’s message in Monday Morning in North Georgia